In this Seminar we will look at different approaches to support research and innovation in universities. The Cyprus University of Technology (CUT) will offer a unique setting to explore how young universities can build strong research and innovation agendas. The following topics will be explored:
- How do universities transform their professional services to support new developments in research and innovation
- What are the implications of cross-organisational/cross-sectoral partnerships (e.g. universities working with industry) for university management
- What are the successful examples of regional engagement between multiple and diverse players
- What are the financial challenges for universities
- What are the consequences on the management of human resources
- New strategy engagement with the external environment
Giuseppe Conti - Head, Research and Knowledge Transfer Division, University of Bologna (IT)
Manel Jiménez Morales - Media and Research Specialist, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (ES)
Geert Jan Arends - Project Manager European Subsidies, Research & Valorisation Department, University of Groningen (NL)
Attila Pausits - Centre for Educational Management and Higher Education Development, Danube University Krems (AT)
The flyer will be available shortly
Who Can Attend?
The HUMANE Seminar in Limassol is open to:
HUMANE Members can also attend with one or more colleagues
HUMANE Members can also send colleagues from their University
Winter School Alumni can attend all HUMANE events
Other Higher Education professionals may apply to attend here
The Seminar Fee is € 495 . This includes lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday and the social programme on Saturday afternoon.
Accompanying people and HUMANE Friends are charged at € 160, this includes lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday and the social programme on Saturday afternoon.
Upon registration you will receive a confirmation letter and invoice. Please wait until you receive the invoice before arranging the payment.
Accommodation and Practical Information
WIll be sent to participants when available.
Provisional Seminar Schedule
Friday 20 November:
Registration and lunch from 12:00 / Seminar sessions 14:00 to 18:00 // HUMANE Seminar Dinner 20:00
Saturday 21 November:
Seminar sessions 09:00 to 13:00 / lunch / social programme then dinner
To be announced
Information can be found here
Please register online at: online registration